Monday, July 28, 2008

Sentimental moments.

I have to warn you before you even start reading this....this post is extremely random, and all over the place. If you've never visited my blog before now...skip it. Go straight to the older ones. And enjoy them....

But for today, I'm random. There has been a recent batch of Travel Approvals received at my adoption agency today. I remember that day so very clear! Trying to work out flights, etc., while I was at work by myself, and hubby was in a very important meeting at his job. So, I called my mom, and then called my Family Coordinator, and got it all worked out. Those were the days I realized we were going to be going to China a day early, and staying a day late. And those were the days panic just overcame me. So, being in the sentimental mood that I've been in....I decided it would be a great idea to begin printing out all the old emails that I received and sent either prior to our China trip, or during our China trip. And then...shocker of all shockers coming.... I find myself getting so nostalgic!!! It was a time in my life that I was so terrified, but at the same time, I truly never felt so close to the Lord. I'm not going to go into the entire 'if you feel called, please adopt' saga again....but really....if you feel called to adopt, please do it. My life is so crazy, and exhausting, and it's not perfect in any way shape or form...but it has been blessed with the joy and miracle of adoption. I've lived it, and I am still in awe. I look at other people's blogs and find myself almost getting jealous...and then I realize...WAIT...I did that too!!! I know...I'm truly crazy. I guess for me...the entire experience was just that powerful. So inspiring that it seems surreal. Does that make sense to anybody else but me??

I also find myself wishing I could go back to China someday. (I really need to go back and read those posts from about September don't I??) I know...it'll pass..but for now, I really, really want to take my kids back. I asked them today just randomly when they wanted to go to China...and they yelled out...TODAY!!! I laughed. Possibly it's from all the hullaballoo about the Olympics..but I just get excited when I think to myself..."Oh my word...I have been to China!!!! Wow!!!"

I can only imagine how world travelers must feel. I do want to go to London one day. My brother and sister in law love it there....and my step sister actually lives there. And loves it. My dad has been a couple of times, and it just seems wonderful. I also want to go to Rome. And see the ruins. History fascinates me. To see places that have stood for hundreds and hundreds of years is simply amazing!!! So, my question of the day would be...(if I had a question of the day)...where would you want to go? I have 2 very close friends who want to desperately go to Australia. I have no desire at all to go there. I really don't know why...but I don't. London would probably be my first place. Russia may be second. Not to jump too far back on the adoption boat...but those eastern European countries really do still tug at my heart. Maybe one or more of my kids will be able to adopt from there, if the entire IA systems don't collapse.

I know this post is all over the place. It's a good showing of where my mind is too. I'm jumping from job searching, to back to school season, to following people's China trips, to speech therapy, tutoring, and orthodontist appts., etc., etc. I'll let you go for now. Maybe I'll get a chance to post again soon....and maybe it will make more sense. No guarantees though.

1 comments:

Carla Lewter said...

I totally get where you are coming from. I do the same thing as well. And I understand completely what you mean about our miracles (Jillian and Charlotte.) I have never seen the face of God clearer than the day she was placed in our arms for the first time. That mountain top is one I want to visit again so badly, but only time and prayer will tell. I have been thinking about you guys and your job search. I am praying for you!!!

In Him,
Carla