Thursday, July 31, 2008

What's it all about?

If you have been reading my blog for any length of time, you will know that I seem to ALWAYS go back to the basics. What is life really all about?? During Chase's hospital stay, that's all I focused on. Then the Lord miraculously saved his life, and has brought him through a full recovery, and I've moved on to needing a job. And while I do still need a job, I am thankful that one by one my family is realizing what it's all about. Both of my older children have had some very intimate times with the Lord. Collin has said for a year that he wanted to be baptized, but we really didn't think he knew what he was talking about, so like the awful parents we are, we just kept postponing it. Well, at VBS this year, he went forward...again.... to give his heart to the Lord, and absolutely insisted on being baptized. I obviously had known he had done this, but it wasn't until I was looking through pictures on hubby's computer that I came across this one. It's Collin with one of the most amazing women at our church, going through the sinner's prayer....again. I love it. I absolutely cherish this picture. Since then, he has gone to church camp, where both he and Maddie really had a touch from the Lord. Maddie even came back declaring that she "felt like the Lord had called her also to help with orphans". She asked me if I would help her when she got older figure out how to have some sort of Christian home that would be a safe place for children that didn't have families. Of course, I am well aware of our social system, etc....but I also know that the Lord would not put on a child's heart something that is impossible! My heart is full...and I am loving how often the Lord reminds me of what it's really all about!!!

0 comments: