Monday, March 17, 2008

Back again...

Well, we have been sort of crazy lately. Over the last month, we've had Chandler's birthday, I lost my grandmother, and we have made it through testing week. Spring break is just a week away, and I'm not sure if I'm ready for it, or not. On one hand, I'm looking forward to NOT having to get the kid's up and adam so early, but I'm NOT ready to have all 4 home with me all week. I'm praying that it will be pretty weather, and they can go outside at least some of the time.

When my grandmother passed away, we loaded up all 6 of us, plus my mom, and drove 12 hours to Georgia. It was definitely the longest trip we've taken since China. On the way there, Jillian did not do so great. On the way back though, she did fantastic. I couldn't believe the world of difference. I was thankful to say the least!!! It was great to see family that I hadn't seen in years. We have all vowed to stay in touch, and not wait until another funeral to catch up.

Jillian is still in a generally very demanding stage. She truly has such a precious personality....but she is spoiled. Now, last time I asked on my yahoo group about adopting a 'spoiled' child, I was griped at pretty good. So, don't be mad at me for saying that...after all, she is my daughter!! LOL!! I think I've mentioned before that I feel like it's a good sign...that she is so comfortable, she's comfortable enough even to have a fit. We would love to begin breaking her from her thumb sucking, but I think it's just a little too soon. I feel like she's been here forever, and I have to continually remind myself she's only been with us since November.

Thanks for checking in....my map isn't working since I changed to my new page, but I know there are a few of you that still check in from time to time to see Jillian's progress. I wish I could blog more, there are just not enough hours in the day!!

0 comments: