Sunday, August 10, 2008

Back To School....Again.


It's back to school time. I've not been able to sell my store yet, so I'm in the chaos of it again. I know I should be thrilled...this is the one time of year I make money. If I keep my store, that is one thing I have just got to change. I have got to figure out what to bring in for the rest of the year. But that's another worry for another day. I unfortunately have plenty of worries for now. This year our teacher's spending money has been cut in half. So, I scaled back on my orders, and now I'm running painfully low on a couple of things. I've had some shipments that have been delayed, etc., etc. The kicker is, that when I bought this store, everyone told me it had a reputation of never being stocked...and I vowed never to let that happen. And I have. Not on all areas....but a couple crucial ones. I know to people out there who are not teacher's or store owners, this is sounding silly, but when a teacher comes in for her yellow border, and it's sold out....it's trouble. She has to rethink her entire bulletin board, etc. etc. Or start class without any border at all...which isn't good either. So, I am praying...and if you find it in you, please pray with me that I get some of my shipments early. Several are coming Tuesday, and it would be OH so lovely if they came Monday. I'm really trusting the Lord on this one. I've actively been trying to get a job, and I've gotten no leads to anything...so it is appearing that it His will for me not to sell this store at this time, no matter how desperately my flesh wants to make it happen. Everytime I go to sleep these days I dream about nobody coming in the store, or going in and all of our light bulbs simultaneously go out....I've actually had that one several times. I'm sure it's symbolic of something. Maybe not. On a positive note though, my paintings have been selling like crazy. I'm making up a little bit of the lost money on my paintings...which is a good thing. I actually had 2 customers come into the store the other day just to buy them. So, anyway, I'll update on Monday if any shipments arrive. I know I've got one small one coming with all my frog stuff...and some money stuff. But it's the bigger ones that start coming on Tuesday....I mean Monday! Speak it, right??!! Please pray for us...we're just stressed.


0 comments: