Saturday, November 29, 2008

Heading home...

Tomorrow we are leaving my brother's house. Usually, I'm reading to head home regardless of the situation...but this time, I really truly am not. It has been so heavenly to be out of town not only with my husband and my children, but with my mom, brother and his family. Roy's phone has virtually been silent. I only had one glitch at the store...but nothing too major. My brother's house is beautiful....and he loves to cook all kinds of amazing meals. I think tomorrow morning before we go, he's going to be cooking us Pumpkin pancakes, with cinnamon whipped cream, and home made root beer syrup. Now, before I give too much praise to my brother...my sister in law is a master planner. She has had every meal planned...every activity well thought out....so the combination of their hospitality has just been amazing. It's been such a blessing to have my mom here with us too. She's just so helpful!! I told her the other day that she literally was just going to have to move in with me....so I could have an extra set of hands...and an extra brain! Ha!!

My niece Charlotte, and Collin are like little soul mates. We have giggled at them over the years...but they really truly so precious together. You can tell they LOVE each other. In Charlotte's early years...she loved Chandler so much...I think almost in a little crush way..but as soon as she and Collin were old enough to click...they did. Now, we have Jillian and Adam. They are only 6 months apart...and I am praying that they have the same relationship Collin and Charlotte have. It's much like the relationship between Chandler and his cousin Cole...from Roy's side...and Madison and her cousin Peyton....also from Roy's side. We are very blessed with each of them to have that special cousin that they can always look forward to seeing.

I suppose it's really just been an ideal Thanskgiving holiday. We rarely ever take an entire week off...and I'm so thankful we did. We are rarely all together...I either travel with my mom, or Roy...and this time all of us were able to come. We got to visit some amazing places...and the kids had a ball everywhere we went!! So...other than eating so much my clothes are ridiculously tight, it's been perfect. Literally. Thanks to my brother and sister in laws well planned food.....which included not only the entirety of Thanksgiving detail..but orange cinnamon rolls and biscuits with sausage gravy for breakfast...(and then of course gourmet pancakes tomorrow)...homemade pizza one night, grilled hamburgers another....fresh with blue cheese and guacamole...yum!!!!.... So, other than the fact..heading back home to reality is going to be difficult just because of financial stress, time stress, pre teen stress...but now I look trashy in my clothes. Ha!!! Sorry...I just got a mental picture...eww. Not for long though...Roy is determined for us to lose some weight...so I'll be able to mark that one stress off my list! Whew...now if I could just get that financial stress to go away!!! I keep telling myself if I just move in here, and never go back home...then I'll have nothing else to worry about...but Roy keeps telling me that's not quite how it works....Ha!!

0 comments: