Monday, October 27, 2008

Joy.

For some time, I've really been praying for the joy of the Lord to come back to my life. But I've been stuck in such a rut for SO long that if I'm not a stay at home mom, and my kids can't participate in all their various activities, then it is just not possible for me to be happy. Don't get me wrong...I definitely have my good days, and my bad days...ask the girls at the Depot...they'll give you the real scoop...lol!! But I mean that true joy...that inner peace regardless of what is going on. So I've been thinking about my job, and my kids, and really, how very blessed I am....even with the pressures of owning your own business. Today I got up, got Jillian up about 9:30 so we could go to a funeral for a dear friend's family member. After that, I went to the store for a bit, left the store to go eat lunch with my kids at their school. After that, I went back to the store until it was time to pick the kids up from school. We came home, I made them a snack, took Collin to art, ran to Wal Mart, came home, and cooked supper. And then the rest of the evening was just normal...cleaning the kitchen, laundry, telling the kids over and over and over to pick up their clothes up out of the bathroom floor. But I digress...my point of all that is...how many jobs out there could I do that at?? Unless you count a drug rep that is working like a drug rep, but should be working more...none. And I DO make money at my store. If I really thought about it, my price per hour is probably petty stinkin good!!! Now, if I could work like a dog to get my mind off of it when it's not necessary....then my problems would probably be solved. So, as I struggle with what to do, and how to do it, I am going to focus on the good things about my job. Starting right now. I got some fairly frustrating news today about my competitor....but so be it!!! There is absolutely nothing I can do about it...so why let it keep me up all night!! Right?? Right!!! Ok, so tomorrow when I'm devestated again....remind me to come read this blog!!!!

1 comments:

Carla Lewter said...

Hey Leslie,
Glad you had a great day today!! You know I have struggled with some of the same stuff as you about being home, but one thing I learned through the adoption. I cannot control others only ME-big smile! Everytime I feel myself getting stressed, frustrated I try to think about all we went through for Charlotte, and how it all worked out just as He planned. So if I look to Him, everything should work out,right! I read a great book this summer that helped me with a lot of this, No Other Gods by Kelly Minter. It is awesome. Hope you have a super day today!!