Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Just one of those weeks.

Thanks to my shower, I now have Jillian's carseat, diapers to start off with, cups for her to drink out of, wonderful snuggly blankies, and my diaper bag. Thanks to my mom's gentle nudging, her bed is put together. Thanks to my dear and precious friend that I thank God for everyday, she has clothes to wear until we know exactly what size she will need to be, bottles, and my hip hugger to carry her while we are in China. So why am I not jumping for joy. I can't figure it out. I have really stopped all preparations. I think back to June 26th, when I first saw her picture, and I feel like it was a lifetime ago. Do I really still not have her?? Am I just getting back in the disbelief stage? I don't want to go back there. But here I am. Bummer. I have never wanted to get on an airplane like this in my life. I am SO ready to go and get back. Wait, I think I've said that already...a few weeks ago even!!!

1 comments:

BlessedMomof 5 said...

I hear ya. My sil asked me today why I wasn't more excited about getting our final details. I can't explain it. I'm just ready to go. Not jumping up and down excited. Just a settled feeling of being ready to get this ball rolling!
Praying for our little ones - that they are ready for us too :)
Melissa