Tuesday, October 16, 2007

TRAVEL DATES!!!!!!!!!!



In about 2 1/2 weeks I will be there in Guangxi!!! I'm really not sure how I'm feeling right now....nervous, excited, sick, thrilled, ready, tearful, etc. We have secured a consulate appointment!! It's not the one we wanted, but it must be what God wanted. We are leaving November 1st from here, and arriving back on November 16th. Because we did not get the date we wanted, we are having to stay in China one more day!! (insert my totally sad face here!!) I know it will be fine, but I was hoping it might be the opposite. So it goes!! Please, please pray for my family during this time!!! There is so much to do, so much mental preparation, so much that the Lord HAS to have His hand on!! I'll write more later, but right now, I think I have to go pray!!!!

UPDATE: It's looking like we're going to be leaving October 31st!! I'm really sick to my stomach now!!! Several adoption friends have recommended that we leave a day early to get caught up with jet lag before we hit the road going to all the tourist attractions. I have been adamantly opposed to this, as any extra day there is one more day away from my kids. However, if we leave on October 31st, our airfare is significantly cheaper (like $500 per person). Since we are not rich, (insert my totally other sad face here), and money is definitely an issue, I think we are going to have to go a day early!! Again, please, please pray!!!

2 comments:

sandy said...

Just wanted to see if I had figured out how to leave a comment for future communications.

BlessedMomof 5 said...

I hear ya. We are a day early and 2 days late. It will all work out but I know how it feels. We left our other kids last trip and it was hard. We missed their Christmas program at church and several other holiday festivities. They handled it much better than Mom...
Praying for peace and a calm stomach!
Melissa