Wednesday, October 3, 2007

A Little Clarification

Sorry for the confusing post yesterday. I was so irritated when I got the word from my agency friend about the trade fair in Guangxi, I didn't make myself very clear. This is the deal:

In the last batch of non special needs referrals, there were 12 families who received referrals from Guangxi, (which is where Jillian is). These families were going to be traveling October 25th, but then our agency found out there is a trade fair going on in Guangxi the week of October 25th, lasting through November 1st. When there is a trade fair, all of the government offices are closed, which means none of her paperwork could be processed. Therefore, the earliest we can travel is November 1st. When I spoke with the travel coordinator this morning, she felt like there was no reason we would not be able to travel with them. They already have 12 families with court appointments on November 13th, so it would be no big deal to add one family to that group. All this is with the assumption we will receive our travel approval soon. She thought we should receive that in no more than one week. Now, I say again, China can do whatever they want. There are NO guarantees of WHEN we will go. Hopefully that has cleared up some confusion. Just keep praying for my Jillian. I am just so ready to get her.

0 comments: