Saturday, November 17, 2007

Home at Last!!!

I can honestly say, I've never been so excited to see my house in my entire life!!! The travel was brutal, but when it got too much, I would just look at Jillian, and remember that the Lord had not gotten us this far to leave me now!! We definitely had His hand on us for all the flights. Every single flight was on time, and in fact, 2 of our flights landed early. Total, we shaved about 45 minutes off of our flights with early arrivals. The flight from Guangzhou to Tokyo was fine. Jillian slept for 2 out of the 4 hours. The next flight was fairly difficult. Jillian did as well as could be expected, but 11 hours on a plane just isn't easy. For anyone, especially a 17 month old. But, we made it through, and the final flight she slept all the way through. I dozed off for much of it as well.

That flight landed a little bit early, so mom and the kids weren't quite there yet. When I finally did see them, I thought I was going to lose it!! And I did, but just for a minute. Jillian instantly loved everyone, and we hit the road for home. I guess all the pressure, stress, etc. was finally lifted. I finally felt such a peace. So much so, that I could hardly stay awake heading home from Jackson to Monroe. Literally. I think I had been SO tense for SO long, that I was finally free. Once we got home though, I perked back up. When we pulled up in our driveway, some friends had hung a banner across the front of our house that said "Welcome Home Jillian!!". It was so amazing! We have been blessed with such amazing friends!! Roy's parent's came by to meet Jillian, and she "performed" nicely for them!! She really is such a funny baby!!!

After they left, I started feeling exhausted again. I bathed Jillian, and hit the bed. She went right to sleep, but unfortunately woke up at 1:00 am. She cried off and on, mostly on, until about 4:00 am. I got up, gave her a little advil in case she wasn't feeling good, and gave her a little bottle. She finally fell back asleep, but not for long. She really slept good from about 6:00 am until about 11:00 am when I got her up. Hopefully, we will be able to get into a routine soon. We knew it would be difficult, but it sure doesn't make it any easier I'll tell you that!!

She absolutely LOVES the kids!! In fact, last night, she wanted Madison to hold her more than me. That was a first. And she will crack up laughing at Chandler. Collin is feeling a touch left out, but I'm trying to tell him, it's not even been 24 hours yet. She will come around to him. In the mean time, say a little prayer for him. His feelings are a little hurt.

I will post more later, but for now, I just want to thank everyone that has been a part of this journey!! From the garage sale donations, raffle tickets help, financial help, encouraging talks, my baby shower, my clean house, etc. Everything you all have done is SO appreciated!! I can't imagine not having the prayer support that I've had!! I would have never made it through.

After I actually get dressed for the day, I will post some pictures of Jillian at home!! What a blessing to even be able to say that!! Praise the Lord!!!

1 comments:

Denise said...

I followed your journey in China...welcome home! We will hopefully go to get our Maggie this Spring~