Thursday, November 1, 2007

We finally made it!!

It only took about 27 hours from start to finish!!! The flights were long and bumpy, so I was very thankful for the xanax my friend was able to get me! We are staying right next door to Wal Mart and KFC. Tomorrow we are without a guide, so I'm thankful to be able to walk to Wal Mart to get some bottled water for the room. We will only be here for 3 days, but we can't even brush our teeth with the water, so it is a must to get! We will probably take advantage of having nothing to do, and rest most of the day. The days following are filled from start to finish with visiting the Great Wall, Tianemen Square, the jade factory, and pearl factory!! Fun, fun, fun...but busy, busy, busy!! And then the day we have waited all this time for!! Jillian day!! I'll keep you posted as I can!!

2 comments:

Marcee said...

Leslie,
All I can say is WOW! It's been a long time since we have caught up. When I called to tell D'Anne that I was pregnant, she asked me if I had heard you and Roy were adopting a baby. I was shocked! I had no idea that you wanted to grow your family even bigger. I am so excited for y'all. Have a wonderful trip and I hope all goes just as you imagined it! Know that I will be thinking of you and praying for your safe return. Please send me your current email address because I'm not sure you're getting any of my emails! I think I must have the old one. Hope to hear from you soon...
Love,
Marcee

Lydia said...

Leslie,
Hello, this is Lydia Headrick from Monroe! I got your email today, and want you to know that I am praying for you and Roy. It was only 7 short months ago that we were getting our sweet Anna Claire in China! I will especially be praying for you during Gotcha and the next two days. God will provide you with the extra grace and peace you will need; He sure did it for us!! Please feel free to email me if I can encourage you in any way! Love in Christ,
Lydia