Monday, November 5, 2007

We have our sweet Jillian!

We are so unbelieveably tired, but I know I had to post...so I'm sending some pictures, and basics from yesterday and today. Obviously, the biggest news is we got Jillian. Pics are attached.

Yesterday, we got up early, headed out for church, the jade factory, the Great Wall, and the Chinese acrobat show. I hate to skip the details of all these, but for now, I just have to. Hopefully, over the next few days I will catch up on some sleep, and give more details. Needless to say they were all amazing!!!Nevertheless, we are exhausted from 2 solid days of going non stop. This morning, the alarm went of at 4:30. We had to be on the bus at 5:30 to catch a 7:30 flight to Nanning. I really didn't want to fly the day we got Jillian, I knew my emotions would be quite frazzled, and they were. It was a 3 hour flight, and I listened to praise music on the ipod, and prayed. On the plane, I was wondering how far Jillian had to come. I couldn't remember exactly how far her orphanage was. I knew her entire life was about to change, and if she was distraught, there would be little I could do to comfort her. We arrived at 10:45, checked into the hotel about 11:30. We met at 1:30 to fill out paperwork, boarded the bus at 3:00, and got Jillian at about 3:45. She was amazing at the hotel we got her. She was funny on the bus, making faces at everyone, etc. However, when we walked into our hotel room, and the door shut, she realized this was not a fun playdate with lots of people anymore. She cried, and cried. I finally put her in my hip hammock, and hit the road. We walked several blocks down the street to a local grocery store. I got her some food, and some cokes for us. When we got back to the room, she ate both jars of food that I got, drank the juice, and was a happy camper. She has had crying spells off and on ever since. I know she is so confused, but is being such a trooper about it. She is addicted to the tv, evidently she watched lots of it. She also is a thumb sucker. She even has a boy bite on her thumb from sucking it so much. Tomorrow is our more official meeting with the nannies, and orphanage directors, so hopefully, I'll find out a little more. There even was a little bit in her info today that leads us to believe she was indeed in foster care. But, again we'll know more tomorrow. I know ya'll are all wanting pics...so here are a few. I'll write more tomorrow, when we aren't so pooped!!!




3 comments:

Angela said...

OH HOW SWEET little Ms. Juillian is!!!!!! I'm so excited to see some pics of her! Glad to hear things are still going well. Can't wait to see more pics! Angela

Angela said...

Ok so I realize I didn't spell Jillian's name right... I'm blaming it on the sinus meds I've been taking! ha! Angela

angie said...

Girl, I am glad i gopt the Ipod to you!!!! sorry I just didn't know what was all on it. lol
I can't wait to hear everything, maybe you and roy can tell the story to the church one sunday where you won't have to tell it over and over! lol. I just love her!!!! i love her smile!!! God is GREAT!!!
Love you all,
Angie