Tuesday, November 13, 2007

A little anxiety is creeping back in

Well today was exhausting. Wait, I think I’ve said that before from China!! LOL!! Fascinating, but exhausting. Roy did have to go the consulate this morning to correct the piece of paperwork I messed up. Thankfully, he wasn’t the only one. While he was gone, I took Jillian to breakfast, changed out our last bit of money, and then headed to 7-11. It is so nice to have one next door to our hotel that has Coke Light.& nbsp; There is no Diet Coke here, but there is Coke Light. There is a definite difference, but I can’t really explain what it is. My fountain Diet Coke from Exxon with .53 refills is SO calling my name. I really can’t believe we are almost to the end of our journey. I personally have been researching this trip to China for 2 years now. And Friday it will be over. I must say, I have radically mixed feelings about it. I miss my children at home desperately, and I am SO ready to see them. I think the reality of the flight with a baby is scari ng me….ALOT. (Of course, the flight without a baby scares me A LOT….but now I won’t be able to take an ambien!! L) And taking Jillian out of her birth country gives me a little bit of sadness. But the joy Jillian has already added to our lives is immeasurable. I truly feel like she has always been mine. I know I’ve said it before, but I’ll say it again, she fits our family perfectly. The Lord has had His hand on this in so many clear ways. We are so very blessed.

Sorry, I have gotten off of the subject…..this afternoon, Jillian and I headed out with a local guide to take us shopping with several other ladies in the group. It was such an experience. The shopping wasn’t as good as I had hoped, but the experience was amazing. She took us on backways, and alleys to get the best deals. Jillian unfortunately decided to pick today to get a little diarrhea, so she got the honor of being laid on the floor of all these tiny little huts that were selling jade, silk, etc. She was such a trooper through the entire process though. In fact, our guide kept saying how happy she was and what big eyes she had, and how cute her curly hair is. In one of the ‘shops’, she evidently told the vendor that I had just adopted Jillian. The vendor absolutely didn’t believe her. The vendor said, “NO…biological….big eyes like mom, curly hair like mom….biological”. I have just been blown away with how many people REFUSE to believe she is Chinese. Not that I really care honestly, but it does surprise me. Whether she looks like it or not, my baby girl was in fact born in China. Regardless of who says what. And thankfully, once we get home to the US, we just might not have as many weird looks as I expected. I probably should take this time to mention again….how perfectly she fits in our family!!! Everybody already thinks it too!!!

Please keep us in your prayers over the next few days. The anxiety is building as we prepare to begin our journey home. I think we are all (the other families as well) going through the same anxieties. I think we are all worried about the flight with our babies. Ready to get back to our normal lives. But yet, a little saddened that this amazing journey of our life is ending. Not really a little even, quite a lot. I know so many others that have been around me for the last 6 months are probably thrilled that it’s over!! LOL!!! Howeve r, I must warn you, I doubt the emotional roller coasters are going to stop here……

I’m sending a few pictures as well. My dear sister in law is back at work for me now. Blogger is not accessible here in this hotel at all. Thanks Laura for all you’re doing, all you’ve done, and will do over the next few days!!!!

I hope you enjoy!!


Jillian and I are playing patty cake

Jillian at the folk art museum


the prawn at the Japanese restaurant....(giant shrimp)


Jillian crawling from under a table


Jillian and me at the physical exam

Jillian and a nurse at the physical exam

Playing with her new shoes

A statue on Shamian Island of adoptive parents with their new chinese baby

3 comments:

wilson.austyn said...

oh my gosh she is adorable when can i come see her?



love
austyn alyssa wilson

wilson.austyn said...

i love her

wilson.austyn said...

cute pics