Thursday, May 22, 2008

Fraggle Rock....or is it frazzle rock....

I feel frazzled. Summer is here, and I've got lots of kids at home. My store is slow, but there is still tons to do on a daily basis. Although, I must say today was a great day there. I think the Lord knew I had to have a day that I could look on and be thankful. During the whole Chase saga, I found myself totally focusing on the Lord, and rejoicing for His miracles. I have so quickly settled back into the chaos of daily life, and the exhaustion, (mentally mostly) of it all. I have allowed the children to have friends over to help keep them entertained while I got some work done. Which has been a good thing, but it bumped the children at my house up to 6 or 7 at a time. I'm sure you can imagine, that gets a wee bit loud and chaotic at times...which is an understatement of course. I so want to be able to enjoy the sounds that all the children make...and for the most part I do. But then the store will call with some kind of stressful news...and my nerves get short. Why is that? Some people just must handle stress better than others....while others consider some things stressful...and others consider issues just part of life. My daddy always called them the mosquitos of life. I'm sure so much of it is the changing of schedules...going from school to summer. I know generally, it's just as hard of a transition from summer to school. Having to go to bed early, and getting up early for school. At least we can stay up a little late, and sleep in. I am determined to enjoy these crazy days. I feel like the Lord is quietly whispering to me that I'm going to miss this....and I know I will. I can only imagine when they start driving how much I will miss them being in the safety of my own home!!! Regardless of how many there actually are in my house!!!!

0 comments: