Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Help!



Well if that's not a cry for help...I don't know what is. I have officially decided that the Lord thinks I am much, much stronger than I think I am. On Monday morning, my husband woke up not feeling so well. He has pretty bad bouts with acid reflux, so I thought that's all that was going on. I had seen him take Alka seltzer, and tums, and go back to bed. So it was a totally logical explanation. So, what did I do? It was just me and Jillian, so I loaded up and went to our friends (Chase's parents) house to grill. We had the best time. We fried up some pickles and jalapenoes, and had some absolutely delicious deer steak. I truly thought my husband would have slept off his gastro issues, and was enjoying some peace and quiet at the house. I didn't call to check on him...in case he was sleeping. We went to a birthday party at the park...and then finally made our way back home. Well, when I got home, my husband was still in bed...which very much surprised me. So I plopped on the sofa, turned the TV on, and settled in. It really had been a great day. Then, out of the blue, I heard my husband asking me to take him to the emergency room. I just looked at him. I asked him if he was serious....to which of course he said yes. So, long story short...it was no acid reflux..it was his appendix. Therefore, at about 1:30 am...after sitting ridiculous amounts of hours in the waiting room, my husband had his appendix taken out....and is in the hospital recovering now. He literally said Monday was the worst day of his life....and I was out having a great time with my friends. I feel awful. To make this lovely situation better....not 3 weeks ago, our insurance company raised rates again, so we had to raise our deductible. Really, we didn't think much about it...we have never, ever had to actually meet our deductible....until now. So 3 weeks ago, our deductible was 'x'...it's now 'x times 2.5'. Oh, and wait....was it just last week that I went and paid down for my son to get his braces put on next Monday?? It sure was! AGH!!!! I think once again, the Lord is trying to put us in a position, that we can only make it through with HIS help. We HAVE to have His help....we cannot do it on our own. So much of life these days is about glorifying our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. I am praying that in a matter of days I will be posting another amazing testimony of how faithful He is!! He has shown Himself to be our healer....and now I need Him to be our provider! And I know He will!

0 comments: