Saturday, May 31, 2008

Eyes Wide Open.

Do you ever realize, that when you yourself feel so overwhelmed, the Lord shows you how blessed you really are? I've recently found links to a couple of blogs lately of women who have lost their children. I cannot imagine the pain. I literally sobbed last night reading these amazing stories of loss, love, and faith. And even though my heart hurt for these women, who should not know what it feels like to lose a child, I truly cannot imagine what they must be going through. I know so many of you out there have been praying for Steven Curtis Chapman and his family, but the fact of the matter is, this happens every single day, to ordinary people. Not that I don't think you should pray for SCC, I absolutely think you should...he's an extraordinary person that the Lord has truly annointed for a larger purpose. I'm just saying that there are people every day that feel like they are handling more than they can bear. But yet, they stand firm in their faith, and their love for the Lord. Who take time out of their day, everyday, to share with the world how the Lord is caring them through the worst time of their lives. I feel so repentent and shameful realizing how blessed I am, and how little I have to moan about. For years now, I have felt 'stressed'. Stressed mostly about finances. I think most of you can agree with me, that finances can be overwhelming....and truly stressful. But when I compare my finances to those of the people in China, or those of the single parents trying to do the best they can, or countless others out there....I have absolutely nothing to be stressed about. I don't want to be a whiner, or a complainer. I absolutely do not believe that makes the Lord happy. In fact, I'm fairly sure that the Lord has been so disappointed in the way I've been handling my own stresses....that are totally not unique to me. I'm positive, there are so many others out there, that have the same issues, same stresses, and much worse...but don't get bogged down in them. So my cry for help is a little different today. It's a cry of repentence. And a cry of gratitude for ALL that I have to be thankful for!

0 comments: