Monday, May 5, 2008

Gratitude.

One of my favorite songs is Gratitude by Nichole Nordeman. It is an amazing song if you are a lyric person, which I am. I love the words to songs. Lately, I have been doing so much soul searching...I guess for obvious reasons. I know my Lord and Saviour is a miracle worker, but if I am going to be super transparent, I have truly never seen SO many miracles as the miracles I have seen in the last 2 weeks....and it's not only been Chase. There is another man in our church, who is a little older than 40ish. He was diagnosed with cancer, and given 6 months to live WITH treatment. When he went back to MD Anderson last week in Houston, they found NO trace of cancer. None. It's gone. I have such a hard time right now not just breaking out in tears thinking about the gratitude his family must be feeling. Just as I have a hard time not bursting into tears everytime I think of the fact that Chase will be HOME soon. How do we, (and I don't really know who we is...I guess I should say 'I'), get prioritites so out of order. I feel like we...I mean 'I'... continually get so caught up in the things of this world, that I forget to recognize what my priorities need to be. One of my favorites lines in 'Gratitude' is "Oh, the differences that often are between everything we want and what we really need". I so wish I was better at realizing that. So, go find it online somewhere and listen to the song....and listen to the words....I hope it will impact you as much as it does me.

0 comments: