Saturday, May 10, 2008

Nacho nacho...


After Chase woke up at the hospital, he was bored. They did have a VCR in his room, but no movie that he wanted to watch. I guess since he was on the pediatric floor, most of the movies were too young for him. So, somehow we got to talking about Nacho Libre. And we all started laughing out loud thinking about it. It was the first time I had seen Chase smile in the hospital. It all had started one night, a long time ago, they had come over to the house, ordered pizza, and we all watched Nacho Libre....and laughed hysterically non stop. I know some of you out there may be thoroughly disappointed in my sense of humor, but I just can't help it. So....when we went to China, one of the daily gifts I left for the kids was the dvd of it. I had put a note in the present that when we got back from China, I wanted to have another Nacho Libre night. Well, last night, the Roark's came over, and we cooked way too much food, and then we plopped down and watched it. We laughed like it was the first time we watched it. Chase was still a little quieter than usual, but was talking with all the kids that were here, and really laughing at the movie. I had a hard time believing, that last night, 3 weeks ago, they were doing surgery, desperately trying to save his life. Just 3 weeks!!!! It's been an amazing 3 weeks indeed!!

1 comments:

Carla Lewter said...

Nacho Libre is "especially delicious." That is one of our favorite movies, too!!! We might just have to watch it tonight. I knew there was a reason our families clicked-LOL!!! So glad to hear that Chase is doing better and better, what an answer to prayer.

Your skills plus my skills in the ring!!!

In Him,
The Lewter Clan