Monday, May 19, 2008

Poison Ivy, Tonsilitis, and Painting out my ears....

I have to apologize so greatly for totally, abruptly stopping this blog last week. I had no intention to, but we have had some doozy of days lately. I have had, (thankfully), so many orders for paintings I can hardly keep up. I'll try to post a pic of what I'm doing on here one of these days....I suppose I need to take a picture, and maybe get some more business for the next time I hit a slow spot. I also had poison ivy so bad, that I actually believed it was a staff infection for visiting the hospital so much. Once I figured out what it was, I got the proper medication, and started wearing long sleeves everywhere I went, including the very, very warm ballpark. I think I heard more than once...'is a cold front coming through...lol!!'. And then I would show them my arms...and they would say....'OOOHHH!!'. Yeah, it was awful. Thankfully, it is gone, praise the Lord for small miracles...as much as the big ones. THEN....on last Thursday evening...I was getting the girls ready to go to the ballpark to watch the boys play ball...and I realized how warm Jillian felt. And as I rocked her, she went from warm to hot. I went and got the thermometer, and when it hit 103, I told my 9 year old to go run her sister a cool bath....and when it kept climbing...I told her to forget it...to go to the car, we were going to the dr.'s office. When it hit 105 I just about panicked!! Thankfully, we are not in a big city, and an after hours clinic is literally 10 minutes from my house at the very most. We were there quickly, they gave her a shot, after I had given her advil...and got that fever down. I was so paranoid she was going to have a seizure, but thankfully, no such thing occured. The dr. looked her up and down, and the ONLY thing they could see was that her tonsils were a little enlarged. She really had no symptom of anything until that fever, so I was fairly surprised. However, over the next couple of days, I could barely get her to eat or drink a thing!! We are finally past that, and she is back to her old silly self. The more she tries to talk, the more and more I just could squeeze her!!! Speech therapy is tomorrow...and I have such high expectations every single week. Last week she did so very well, and they are expecting her to pick up so rapidly once she gets the basics down.

Well, I know that is basically alot of rambling...but that's about what my frame of mind is right now. All jumbled up! Craziness as usual!!!

0 comments: