Thursday, September 18, 2008

Ahhh....Americana.


I went to the Good Hope Middle School football game tonight with the kids. I have to admit, I really think I'm in denial that I have a child that's almost a teenager. I was looking around at all these little cheerleaders, and dancers....at my son's middle school...and very many of them were as big as me!! With more make up than I wear, etc, etc. I remember vividly being in 8th grade. And I never, ever remember looking like that in 8th grade. Geez!!! I will also have to admit, that I am slightly concerned about myself in 2 years. That will be the year that Chandler starts high school, Madison will be in middle school, Collin will be in elementary school, and Jillian will start Preschool. Yikes. 4 kids at 4 different schools. My mother is totally going to have to retire just to help me get my kids where they need to be. But I digress.... Football and Baseball are such beautiful examples of Americana to me. All of us moms....just hanging out in bleachers...with a nice crisp wind blowing...watching our kids do their thing. I love it!!!! And in the very same thought of how much I love it, I thought how amazingly fast the last 12 years have gone. I won't take you on another sentimental joyride that I so often like to travel on....but I will say, I truly can't believe Chandler is almost half way through his middle school years...(emphasis on the word ALMOST). And I can't believe we've almost had Jillian in our arms for an entire year. Amazing!! Time flies...it's almost fall again....and I LOVE fall. Last year, we left to go get Jillian on October 31st. Halloween Day. We came back November 16th to find Christmas lights up all through our neighborhood. We laughed at the thought that we were gone 2 1/2 weeks, and missed the entire fall season. Thanksgiving was early last year....and Christmas came super fast. So this year...I intend on savoring every single piece of fall. I think I may even buy some pumpkins next week.
On a drastically different note...continue to pray for the Irwins please. The Lord is working small miracles....just the fact that Susannah is hanging in there is a miracle in and of itself. Obviously more major miracles are needed...and I am believing they will come in His timing.

0 comments: