Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Urgent Prayer Request.

I know there are at least a few prayer warriors that follow my blog. There is another urgent prayer request that I am presenting you with. Another yahoo group friend is in China right now trying to bring home there baby that had been previously diagnosed with a serious heart condition. They knew she was very ill, but never realized how serious she was right this minute. She is currently in a filthy, disgusting hospital...being treated by a doctor with no more than a high school education. They are trying to expedite paperwork so they can get her to a better hospital..but the Chinese government is fighting them tooth and nail. This is literally a life and death situation. If you'd like to follow their blog...it's www.roomforatleastonemore.blogspot.com . This family has waited so very long to finally be able to go get their precious Susannah. Unfortunately, the Olympics, etc., etc., has caused senseless delays in their process....especially since Susannah is in such a critical state. I want people to understand how differently Chinese people think of "special need" children. As a general rule...they are throw aways. I am sure, part of the lack of concern is because Susannah also has a cleft lip. I am disgusted, heartbroken, and so angry for the neglect that is happening to this child....that has a family desperate to take her home...and give her the care she needs. Please, please, please pray for the parents of this child that are having to deal with this first hand...about their daughter. I cannot even imagine what they are going through!!!

I also want you to understand...that my yahoo group is for parents adopting special needs children from my particular agency. As most of you know..Jillian was technically a "special needs" child. She was too small for her age. The technical name of her special need was "developmental delay". This could really encompass so very many things....but thankfully, for Jillian, it just meant she was too small. She has made so many strides since we've had her, but I do believe, she will be a smaller than average person. I don't personally consider that a special need. I consider heart valve issues, cleft lip, cleft palate, deformities of limbs, etc. special needs. Those are needs that medical attention is required...hence the term, special need. That all being said....my yahoo group is filled with the most amazing, selfless, Godly people I have ever seen in my life. Susannah's parents knew she was ill...they have arranged for oxygen on the flights, and have doctors ready to see her as soon as she stepped foot back in the USA. They were willing and wanting to do all this for a child, that they love as much as their biological children, and that is as much their child as any they had given birth to. Susannah's parents aren't the only ones either. I am so thankful to be such a part of such an amazing group. Please keep them in your prayers. All of them. And say a faith believing, miracle working prayer for Susannah! Thank you!

0 comments: