Friday, September 26, 2008

Stuff, stuff and more stuff.

So for the last couple of days I've sat down to blog about several different things at several different times.....and I just can't seem to get it straight. I saw a great movie that made me do some thinking....which was good, but I couldn't figure out how to put in words what I was trying to say. Then one of my fellow adoption families asked us to come speak at an adoption seminar in Shreveport to give our adoption "testimony". That was great...we actually can't go do it, but it did get me thinking about how exciting it would be to do that. But truthfully, all I can seem to think about is the crazy state of our country. I literally have had to boycott the news because it stresses me out!! It also literally has put me in kind of a bad mood for the last several days....and so I try to distance myself from all the bad news. I think that I think if I turned off the tv, just go sit on the back porch with my coffee, that all will be good. Because of course, as a general rule it is good at my house. So I sat in my house this morning, doing a little painting, drinking my coffee, getting ready to head to work. Just a little background FYI, I ALWAYS stop at this one particular gas station to get a diet coke. They offer .50 refills in any size cup you want to bring in....and I LOVE that!! But when I stopped at that gas station today...after turning off the news....enjoying my coffee, yada yada yada....I saw a lady standing very suspiciously on the side of the gas station. I got a touch uncomfortable but still went inside to get my heavenly diet coke, and overheard the workers talking. Evidently, one worker had gone outside to find out what was up with her, and found out that she was eating out of the dumpster next to the gas station. So the worker immediately came inside to get a can of vienna sausages because she couldn't just let this woman continue to eat out of the dumpster. I just felt so sad. I do realize that in our great country, you have to make some really horrible decisions to get to the point where you are having to eat out of a dumpster. I do also realize that sometimes there are just some people with 'bad luck' out there, that often never have a chance...but I feel like that is definitely a minority. But regardless of how she got there, or what she did, she was still having to eat out of the dumpster. I know I need to get my head out of the sand and realize our society is what it is, and something really needs to change. I feel like the Lord is calling us to our knees, and reminding us that HE is in charge. That regardless of how this election turns out....He is still in charge. He has a plan. I take comfort in that...and I really wonder how those without the Lord go through the ups and downs of life....without that hope that only He can give. I encourage you to turn your burdens over to Him....easier said than done....and rest in His sovereign power....again, easier said than done...myself included. Maybe that should be another challenge for me this week....

1 comments:

Moore About Us... said...

Leslie, that is pretty neat about the speaking at the seminar! I am sorry that it wont work out that yall can go, but i think that you would be really good at inspiring people with your story!