Tuesday, September 23, 2008

My breakfast date.

Since we have such a crazy life, sometimes we take turns going to eat breakfast with one child at a time. This morning, my breakfast date was Collin. Just trying to think of some good conversation for just the two of us to have, over donuts, I asked him if he still wanted to be a "preacher". He said he did, and I off handedly said "well, you just keep praying, and the Lord will guide you to whatever He wants you to do, and where He wants you to go". And his response also was very off handed...and he said, "Well, I'm sure God would like for us ALL to be preachers". Which led into a small conversation over he difference in just sharing the gospel, and being a preacher for a living. To which, my 7 year old son said, "I just don't understand, if I tell one person and they tell one person, and then they tell one person....then eventually everybody would know the gospel....so I think God would just like for us all to be preachers. " I had to then tell him that sometimes, even when people hear the gospel, they choose not to live for Jesus, so then someone else needs to come along and tell them again. And then I started thinking....how many people have I 'shared the gospel' with personally this week, this month, or this year? Do I feel like I'm living for the Lord....absolutely. I know my own faults, so please don't point them out in a comment....lol....but I do feel like I am "living for the Lord". I also try to glorify the Lord when I can. At work, I never hesistate to talk about the Lord with customers, or dealers, etc. But I am just talking about the Lord. I am not really sharing the gospel. Why is that so hard for me to do? I guess I chalk it up to "planting a seed", when actually the Lord may have already planted the seeds, and needs me to water, or fertilize....and I have not done so. If you've read my blog for any length of time whatsoever, you'll know I always go back to "what's it all about".....and I have just dropped the ball way, way too many times on that. So, I am challenging myself to step outside of my comfort zone....and do better. And all that....was because my 7 year old wants to be a preacher....and thinks we all should be to.

0 comments: