Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I'm in awe.

I know, two posts in one night....but I have to put this out there. When we first got the call about Jillian, I immediately joined several yahoo groups. One of which was the yahoo group of parent's who had adopted from Guiping SWI, which is Jillian's orphanage. I was active in the group before we left for China, but I haven't even logged on for so long. Well, tonight I did. It just so happens that there is a fellow Guiping mom, who had just posted 4 albums to shutterfly of Guiping. Pictures from all over Guiping City, including the orphanage, the bus station, (where so many of the babies are found), and many other sights. I was pouring over the pictures, just taking it all in. Looking for who knows what about Jillian's past. I really had such a strange feeling looking at them. Like a connection, but with a disconnect if that makes any sense at all. And then I looked at the dates of the pictures. I had totally assumed, since they were posted in April of 2008, that's about when the pictures were taken. They weren't....they were taken in September 2006. Now, this may mean nothing to you....but all I could think was..."Jillian was there!!". All these pictures of the orphanage, and pictures all over town were when Jillian was there, and we didn't even know she existed yet. I then went back through the same pictures, and just cried. The connection had become so strong, literally my stomach hurt. I immediately ordered all those pictures for Jillian to have when she's older. We now have pictures of Jillian's entire life, and pictures from all over her town during the period of time that she lived there. God is so good!

0 comments: