Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Chase is.....

Doing fabulous! I had high expectations when I walked in his room today. I had talked to his mom, and she had just finished bathing him...so I knew he was ready to go for the day. Of course, when I walked in, he tried to play possum. I told him I wasn't having it....and that he better wake up. So, his mom asked him to open his eyes, and tell her who it was that was there to visit him. He opened his eyes, looked at me and said my name. I was so thrilled!! He is still on a fairly strong dose of pain medication through his iv, but he is definitely more alert than he had been. It was so good to see him eat some food, and hear him say a few more words. They have a few more steps to get through....before he can be moved back home to start rehab here in Monroe. I know their family is so ready to be back together. Here is a list of a few more things Chase is doing or knows...

  • he's giving his momma sugar
  • he knows the month and year
  • he knows his right from his left
  • is following directions very well with the occupational therapist
  • can feed himself items such as bacon
  • can hold his own cup and drink out of a straw
  • can even make a smarty comment to his dad

And really so much more...but I thought I would just give you a quick run down of a few things that are still amazing me...considering he got off the ventilator on Friday. Amazing....just amazing!!

0 comments: