Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Ok, so it ended good...but not great.


Well, the day was still great, until right before bed, when my husband realized he had made a mistake on our taxes right before he filed. We watched our little refund drop $3,000.00 right before our eyes. So long braces for Chandler. BUT, I am just believing that the Lord is going to provide a way, somehow for him to get this THIS year!! Other than that, it remained a great day. Both boys had practice, which was just fine on such a beautiful day....and then I came home and cooked for us. Very June Cleaverish. I so wish I could be more like her. I know it's not realistic...but I really, really wish it could be like that.

So, that was the run down of yesterday. Today, I went on a field trip with my 12 year old. What was I thinking chaperoning a middle school field trip. A field trip that was 1 1/2 hours away at that. We went to an art gallery, and the we headed to the boardwalk. On this boardwalk, there are restaurants and shops, I'm sure much like most boardwalks. It's very nice, we often head over as a family. But this was with a bus load of middle schoolers. As we are leaving the art gallery, and heading to the boardwalk, all the kids in my car, (which was 8 middle schoolers, Jillian, and me....and no, they totally didn't fit), wanted to go to Joe's Crab Shack. Great! I love that place!! Well, that was until this group of 12 and 13 year old boys saw Hooter's. They actually wanted to go to Hooter's!!! And quite a few of them actually did! Can I just tell you, I am SO thankful that I went today! I absolutely, positively did NOT want to go, but the Lord clearly knew what he was doing! There was NO adult supervision on the second half of this field trip. They could do whatever they wanted. I am not the cool mom. My kids don't have cell phones, or ipods. It's not my job to be cool. And today, Chandler wasn't embarassed by that. I'm so proud of him. He hung out with a good group of boys...that went to IHOP to eat, and then came back to Auntie Anne's pretzels to hang out with me and Jillian. One of his friends even kept pushing Jillian's stroller. So, truth be told, crazy as it was, today was a GREAT day too! Tomorrow is Madison's end of the year field trip...surely if a middle school field trip can be good, surely a 4th grade one can be just as good!! I'm actually really looking forward to it!!

0 comments: