Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Overwhelmed.....again.....

Boy, when I say roller coaster of emotions....I really, really mean it. I did still feel relatively calm today. I had a great morning with the children. Collin even lost a tooth, which he was THRILLED about!! It was also a surprisingly great day at the store. Even on a rainy, nasty day like today which normally shuts all traffic to a halt. I left work, and went to one of our local schools for a 'prayer walk'. Our church is part of a local ministry that supports schools through prayer and mentor ship. While I was walking and praying, I got very nostalgic for some reason. Since I own a teacher's supply store, I know very many of the teacher's at the particular school I was walking around. There are really some fantastic, Christian teachers in our area. We are so blessed!!! However, when I started praying for the neighborhood around it, I just felt sad for some reason. This is a middle class neighborhood, with some smaller houses than is 'fashionable' these days. I found myself wishing that was still the norm. Mother's still home with their children. Children with only a few pairs of shoes instead of 10. When did 'stuff' become so important. Of course, my finger is pointed at myself as well. I would love for my husband to have a nicer car, for us to have new floors, and furniture, etc. Why is that?? Then, after feeling such nostalgia, we went and grabbed a bite to eat, and headed home. In my mailbox was an envelope without markings, other than my name and address. In it, I found $40.00 with a note that said "for your trip to China, and for your new daughter". I was SO touched. I have no idea at all who sent this to me...(I mean to us. :) ) Such kindness from possibly a stranger, or a close friend...who knows.

Then I came in and checked my email while the children played a game. In my inbox was an email from my family coordinator from my agency with the subject as: "Travel preparations..." I know that I'm traveling to China in one month. Why did that throw me into a tizzy? It's as if it took someone else to acknowledge the fact that I'm going to China. I am actually getting Jillian in one month. Could it really be?? I'm nervous, excited, and even frantic to some point. Have I done all that needs to be done?? Prescriptions are done....paperwork is mostly done.... what else??? Regardless of what is done, and left to be done, in the end, I will have my Jillian. I can't wait to share her with everyone!!

0 comments: