Friday, September 21, 2007

When it Rains it Pours.....


I spoke with my agency a day or two ago and asked them what their confidence level was that we would be traveling on the 25th. She said it was 'very likely'. Of course, China can do what they want, but I really liked the 'very likely' confidence level. It's so nice knowing, within a week or two, when we will be traveling. I can plan which clothes to wear, which clothes to bring for Jillian, etc. At the same time I'm writing the information down from my agency, I realize October 25th is one of the biggest days of the year for my middle school son's class. The one major field trip of the year is that day. Traveling down to Baton Rouge, meeting Mike the Tiger, and doing all kinds of fun 'stuff'. I was honored when Chandler's teacher asked me to come along as one of the chaperone's, but it's looking like I'll have to bow out. Which also means Chandler won't be able to be with us at the airport. I don't know why that bummed me out so much. I'll see him at the house before I leave, so that should be fine, right?? And it will be. I'll be glad he'll be doing something REALLY fun the day we are traveling. He'll have good bragging rights on the bus trip down there. LOL!!

ALSO, he found out this week that he made All state choir. I let him try out for this not having ANY idea what I was doing. That concert is also in Baton Rouge, but it's October 13th. So, back to Baton Rouge. Thankfully, my dad lives there, so we will not have to fork out the money for a hotel room. Praise the Lord for small wonders!!!

ALSO, my friends from church have graciously offered to give me a shower on October 6th, which is ALSO the same day as my garage sale to continue to try to raise money for this mission we have stepped out on faith to accomplish!! Not to mention traveling to Jackson to get refingerprinted on October 2nd.

So, basically after months, and months of just waiting, we are now kicking every aspect of our life into high gear. Wow, I'm kind of tired just reading all of that!!

1 comments:

BlessedMomof 5 said...

Ready to travel with ya sister!!!
Doing some major nesting this week and I"m up to my eyeballs in "projects" :) Can't wait to get on that airplane and meet you in Beijing!!!!
Melissa