Saturday, September 8, 2007

USCIS.....UGH!!!!


Well I've got a surprise to tell you today....I hate the USCIS!!!! I got a brown envelope in the mail today with all of my paperwork in it, declaring that I sent it to the wrong location. And now, I would have to re send it to the correct location. Since we live in Louisiana, the New Orleans office has been closed due to Katrina. I was really thinking the New Orleans office would be open by now, (as I mentioned in an earlier post), so I called to confirm it. The USCIS recording specifically says that for my zip code to mail my paperwork to Memphis. Which is exactly what I did. The paperwork I received back today states that it MUST be sent to New Orleans for processing!!! UGH!!!!! Which means, I've lost another week of processing time. Stress! I'm oddly thankful I've not received my LOA now, as I would be panicking!!! For now, I'm just crazy frustrated!!! As anyone else that has had to deal with USCIS will tell you I'm sure. Please pray that when I fed ex it back on Monday, it will get processed quickly!!! I'm going to bed tonight, thankful for church tomorrow. Not that I can't spend time with the Lord here at my house, but it really is different at church for me. I'm holding onto the scripture, (paraphrased), though sorrow may last for the night, JOY COMES IN THE MORNING!!! WOOHOO!!! I'm ready for the morning!! LOL!!!

I do have some good news though, my mom came over and worked me to half to death. By the time she left, I was about to fall asleep standing up. Well, maybe it was bathing my border collie, and the allergy attack that ensued afterward that did that, but oh well. We got all the quilt squares cut, and laid out, and she took it all with her to finish up the top. We also did get quite a few things sorted through. And she cooked for my kids, and cleaned my kitchen. I was SO thankful!!! The workers at my store got some of the mess organized there too, so I woke up today feeling MUCH less under pressure. I have made my list for Monday, and I refuse NOT to do it all!! That little boost from 2 of my stress points have really got me motivated!! I might even start tonight....wow, what's gotten into me???

0 comments: