Sunday, September 9, 2007

What a blessing!!

We had a guest speaker at church today. I had totally forgotten that one of our favorite speakers...John Ragsdale...was going to be there. And boy, was he there for me. Isn't that just like the Lord. He put someone right where I needed them, right when I needed it. I literally cried the entire service. His words were SO perfect for me. He took a very common verse..Jeremiah 29:11, and broke it down like I had never heard before. He went back to the original text, and Hebrew meanings. Just thinking about it now makes me tear up. The Lord has a perfect plan for me, (and you) and HE knows what it is. It's not for me to know...I just have to follow Him. If I thought for one minute this wasn't His will, I would run, but I know without a doubt it is. I have never questioned that. It all boils down to trust. Just like I was talking about it an earlier post, about being afraid. There is NO reason for me to be afraid, for He is in control. He is in control of it all!!!! He even talked about death, and why are we afraid of dying? Do we fight it kicking and screaming?? For if we die, do we not trust the Lord to take care of whatever is left behind?? Subjects that I've never heard talked about from the pulpit, but EXACTLY what I needed to hear TODAY!!! For the first time in a long time, I am at peace in my soul. Tonight he's coming back to speak of rest. I'm bringing my own box of tissue this time. I can't wait to see what the Lord is going to do.

0 comments: